Francis Grunow wrote a post a while back on the shortcomings of the Detroit Future City plan, its lack of regionalism, and collaborative pathways that could be used moving forward. Most notably, he calls for a Planning Corps to integrate efforts with existing community-based organizations.
He also drew this map to accompany the post which mashes up City Council Districts and neighborhood names within those areas.
- District 1: La Grand Rose Moor (Grandmont-Rosedale, Brightmoor)
- District 2: Bagley Greenwoods (Bagley Community, Green Acres, Palmer Woods)
- District 3: Osborn Landia (Osborn)
- District 4: Jefferson Morningside (Jefferson-Chalmers, Morningside)
- District 5: New North South East West End Village Center Bottom (New Center, North End, West Village, Black Bottom)
- District 6: Mid-Swowntown (Midtown, Southwest, Downtown)
- District 7: McRouge Dale (Rouge Park, Rosedale)